A VA service-connected disability refers to an injury or disease that was happened during active military service. Both Physical and mental health conditions are defined under the umbrella of Service-connected disabilities.
The Most Common VA Claimed Service Connected Disabilities
As per the VA’s 2018 Annual Benefits Report, there are approximately 5.2 million disabled Veterans in the United States. And Unfortunately, most of the Veterans completely unaware that their ailments make them eligible for VA benefits.
Enlist down there are most common disabilities among the veterans:
- Tinnitus: it involves hearing sounds in the ears, such as ringing in the ears. Tinnitus is the most frequently claimed disability that affects approximately 1,971,201 Veterans.
- Hearing loss: it include loss of hearing which affecting 1,228,936 Veterans.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): Veterans suffering from this condition involverecalling memories of trauma, that lead them to negative emotional and physical reactions. PTSD affecting around 1,039,794 Veterans in the US.
- Scars: affected 1,036,677 Veterans that are entitled to receive compensation during military service.
- Limited flexion of the knee: limited flexion of the knee do not let the veteran to bend the knee fully. and there are 1,021,281 affected Veterans.
- Cervical strain: Reffers to neck pain and comes under the physical injury. there are 989,835 affected Veterans.
- Sciatic nerve paralysis: cause difficulty when bending the knee or flexing the foot. its affectees are 781,178.
- Limited ankle motion: This injury cause prevent a Veteran from reaching the normal range of ankle joint motion. it affecting 636,853 Veterans in the united states.
- Migraine: refers to headache that cased by stress, sensory overload, and environmental changes. 548,999 Veterans affected by this desiese.
- Degenerative arthritis: In this condition veterans feels the chronic breakdown of joint cartilage, that lead to painful inflammation. the affecting veterans are 505,553.