Summary of Arkansas Veterans Benefits: the resident military members and their families of the Arkansas are eligible to get property tax exemptions, state employment preferences, education and tuition assistance, vehicle tags, as well as hunting and fishing license grant. Veterans Benefits eligibility may differ and depend upon the situation like veterans disability status or residency.
Arkansas Veterans Benefits
As you know there are a lot of military members veterans are the residence in the states of Ankransas. as inflation rates rises after the pandemic, most of the veterans are not able to pay even their utility bills and also can not even obtain food, pay their rent, and cover the costs of utilities each month.
To overcome such difficulties States of Arkansas provide different veterans benefits that help those in need. There are multiple veterans benefits programs and it is highly recommended that you must apply more than one programs to see which ones you may be approved for.
Arkansas Veteran Financial Benefits
What are my Arkansas Military Veteran State Taxes Benefits?
States of Arkansas has Taxes Benefits for veterans which are listed below:
- Arkansas Military Pay Tax Exemption: According to Act 1408 of 2013 there is 100% exemption from income tax for the pay received by active duty military members of the United States Armed forces, including the National Guard and Reserve Units.
- Arkansas Military Spouses Residency Relief Act: A nonresident military Spouse’s income received from the Armed forces is exempt from Arkansas income tax in case if the Service member’s home of record is not Arkansas and the Service member and the Spouse have the same home of record.
- Arkansas Military Family Tax Relief Act of 2003 (Act 372 of 2009): Provisions of this act include exclusion of gain on sale of a principal residence, deduction of overnight travel expenses for National Guard and Reserve members, and exclusion from income of “qualified military benefits.”
- Arkansas Homestead and Personal Property Tax Exemption: Eligible disabled veterans will not pay any tax on the homestead and personal property that is under his ownership. Besides this, if a veteran is 100% disabled or have permanent disability rating from Vaterans Affairs Department or they are getting Monthly compensation for blindness or loss of limbs will be exempt from all Arkansas state taxes.
- Arkansas Gross Receipts or Gross Proceeds Tax Exemption: if you are the eligible disabled veterans than there will be not tax on the he specially adapted vehicles or equipment that are purchased with assistance from the VA. This will be limited to one new vehicle every two (2) years. Read more for Arkansas State Gross Receipt of Tax Exemption
- Military Retirement Pay is Exempt from all Arkansas State Taxes: As per Act 141 of Arkansas’ 91st General Assembly passed bill by which they exempt Payment received by Retired Military Members from Arkansas State Income Taxes effective January 1st, 2018.
- Veterans Affairs Disability Dependency and Indemnity Compensation: Military members who died in line of active duty or the member’s death because of any injury or service connected disability or disease are eligible to Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC). it is a tax-free monetary benefit available for the dependent of veterans.
Arkansas Veterans Home
The Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs (ADVA) operates two types of State Veterans Homes located in Fayetteville and North Little Rock. These Home care center provide care for Veterans and their eligible Family members.
- No criminal record
- Honorable discharge from the Armed Forces
- Arkansas residents have first priority.
- Veteran’s spouses and Gold Star parents may apply for admission.
- Have a medical need for nursing home
Arkansas Veteran Hiring Preference
Arkansas States provides hiring preference to the veterans with an honorable discharge or reserve/guard members with at least six years service will get a 5 point preference on state hiring exams. in case of Disability veterans and spouse will be give 10 point preference.
Arkansas Education Benefits
Free Tuition for Dependents
Arkansas States has the Best Scholarship programs under which the Military Dependents Scholarship provides a waiver of tuition, fees, room and board at any public college, university, or technical institute in Arkansas for dependents and spouses of Arkansans.
Arkansas Veteran Recreation Benefits
Discounted Hunting & Fishing Licenses
Retired Veterans over 60 or the veterans with permanent disability and are the residents of Arkansas are eligible to get the discount on hunting, fishing or combination license. but remember that all special stamps and required endorsements must still be purchased.
Active Duty Hunting & Fishing Licenses
Active duty members resident of the state of Arkansas can get licenses at the discount rate.
All special stamps and endorsements must still be purchased.
Arkansas State Parks
Arkansas resident veterans who are 100% permanently disabled can get half price camping in most Arkansas State Parks.
Arkansas State Veteran Cemeteries
It is the duty of The staff of the Arkansas State Veterans Cemetery to provide an honorable place of rest for veterans. In Arkansas States, there are two State Veterans Cemeteries, one can be found in North Little Rock, and another one in Birdeye.
Military Veterans who have an other than dishonorable discharge are eligible for interment, along with certain others. Veteran’s Spouses and dependent children of the veterans are also eligible for this benefit. There is no cost for the veteran and a $300 cost for the spouse or dependent.
Related States Veterans Benefits:
- Colorado state veterans Benefits
- California State Veteran Benefits
- Massachusetts Commonwealth Veteran Benefits
- New Jersey state veteran Benefits
- New York Military Veteran Benefits
- Virginia Commonwealth Veteran Benefits
- Alabama States Military and Veterans Benefits